LEAVE BANDAGE ON OVERNIGHT
- Remove the bandage in the morning and clean the tattoo with warm water and a mild unscented soap (perfumes may irritate the tattoo).
- Allow the tattoo to dry for about an hour.
- With clean hands apply a white, unscented hand lotion (ie. Lubriderm) to the tattoo.
- As you would hand lotion, rub in until gone.
- A little goes a long way.
- Apply 2-3 times a day and continue for 2 weeks.
- If scabbing occurs:
- Do not pick or scratch.
- Allow scab to heal on its own.
- Tattoo will heal fine if undisturbed.
- Keep tattoo as clean as possible. However, no need to re bandage as the tattoo needs to breathe still.
- If the area becomes itchy, tap don’t scratch.
Leave bandage on for 8-24 hours. Everyone heals different and the length of time will vary on how much fluid your new tattoo is weeping. When the adhesion of the Saniderm weakens, thats your cue to remove the bandage. Once removed, wash with warm water and antibacterial soap. Continue to wash daily. Lotion once or twice a day ONLY when needed, if your tattoo is dry, tight or itchy.
THINGS TO AVOID WITH A FRESH TATTOO
- Direct sunlight
- Soaking tattoo in water (ie. long baths)
- Chlorine (ie. hot tubs, swimming pools)
- If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the shop!
ENJOY YOUR TATTOO!